DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE: FINANCE CLERK (X9 POST)
Financial Management Division
Directorate: Stores, Services and Related Payments (DSSRP), Finance Accounting Service Centres.
SALARY: R173 703 per annum (Level 05)
CENTRE: FASC Bloemfontein Ref No: CFO 21/2/9A (X2 Posts)
FASC Kroonstad, Ref No: CFO 21/2/9B
FASC Durban, Ref No: CFO 21/2/9C
FASC Garrison Ref No: CFO 21/2/9D (X2 Posts)
FASC Youngsfield, Ref No: CFO 21/2/9E
FASC MOD, Ref No: CFO 21/2/9F
FASO Jan Kempdrop, Ref No: CFO 21/2/9G
- Minimum requirements: Grade 12 certificate with finance/accounting related
subjects. Ability in understanding, interpreting and correctly applying financial
policies and prescripts.
- Basic knowledge of financial and accounting processes.
- Basic knowledge of contract management or State Tender Board regulations and supply chain management process.
- Sound knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act. Computer literate in MS Office software
- packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Good communication skills
- Willing to undergo training at Finance Education, Training and Development Centre as the successful candidate will be required to complete all relevant courses.
- Willing to be detached to Satellite Offices across geographical boundaries.
- Willing to work with cash (as cashier), in Rand and Foreign currency. Willing to assist with general administrative functions and archiving /filing/safekeeping of all accounting documentation.
Added advantage: Post Matric qualification in Finance/Accounting. A minimum of one-year relevant experience. A valid RSA/Military driver’s license.
DUTIES: Strictly apply policies, prescriptions and regulation. Detect and report on all
irregularities. Performing cashier duties by paying out of cash advances.
Receipt of State money. Receive cash from the client and verify or correctness in
terms of the purpose of the payment. Issue an official receipt. Accurate
allocation of Revenue. Timely preparation and capturing of deposits on FMS and
securely dispatching of deposits to the bank. Process Supplier Invoices for
payment. Safekeeping and issuing of Face Value Documents (FVD).
ENQUIRIES: Mr T.T. Nyuswa Tel No: (012) 392 2890
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted on a new Z83 form (Download Here) and must be accompanied by a detailed CV with all required documents attached must be certified true copies.
APPLICATIONS: Applications must be submitted to: Financial Management Division, DFSS,
Career Management Section, Private Bag X 137, Pretoria, 0001 or applications
may be hand-delivered to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195
Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box 5 at
Reception. Note: Please use reference number not post number.
CLOSING DATE: 19 February 2021 at 16:00