About DJ Fresh:
DJ Fresh (whose real name is Thato Sikwane) is a well-known personality for his career as a radio presenter on 5FM and Metro FM. He previously worked for YFM in Gauteng, Johannesburg, and is currently a presenter on 947. The DJ, producer, and entrepreneur has also released a series of South African house music records as a popular DJ, mostly name Fresh House Flava.
About the bursary:
DJ Fresh working with the University of Johannesburg will be awarding bursaries to students completing their Matric in 2020 and intending on studying at the University of Johannesburg in 2021. This bursary will provide funding for 3 years (from 2021 to 2023) if students pass all their taken subjects.
What the bursary will cover:
- Tuition fees only, to the value of R85 000 per year.
This is a good opportunity for those who will not be funded by NSFAS and not have enough money to cover their studies but yet require funding for their studies.
Successful candidates will be announced after Matric results are released and before UJ official registration for first-year begins.
- Currently in Grade 12
- Intend on starting the first year of study in 2021
- Applied to study at the University of Johannesburg, starting in 2021
- Not have any other bursary or funding for tuition fees
- Met the UJ application deadline
- Met the UJ course requirements
- Provisionally accepted to UJ depending
- Received a temporary student number
- Must pass all subjects to keep the bursary
How to apply:
Applications must be done online at: https://universityofjohannesburg.us/4ir/dj-fresh-bursary/
You will be required to enter your temporary student number (this will become your application reference number) and answer the question: “What does 4IR stand for?”
27 November 2020.
Contact the bursary holder at:
Tel: 011 559 3411 / 011 559 4741