Funza Lushaka 2021 Bursary is an initiative by The Department of Basic Education which deals with schools throughout South Africa, from Grade R to 12, and adult literacy programmes.
The department’s goal is to create a sustainable South African education for all areas in the country. The department of basic education runs all public educational schools in the country. The department has now come up with a bursary scheme to improve the educations and educators in the country.
Bachelor of Education degree (4 year B Ed):
- specializing in Foundation Phase (Grade R-3)
- Intermediate Phase (Grade 4-6)
- Senior Phase (Grade 7-9)
- FET Phase (Grade 10-12).
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (1 year PGCE)
What the bursary covers:
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed textbooks
- Study materials, accommodation
- Allowance for general living expenses.
Please note: After completion, bursary holders will be required to work at a public school for the duration of their bursary.
- Must be a South African citizen
- Currently in Grade 12 or have completed Grade 12
- 30 years old or younger if applying for the first time
- Accepted into any of the aforementioned courses in a public institution
- Must be able to show the satisfactory academic capability
- Have not completed another teaching qualification
- Willing to teach at a school assigned by the Provincial Education Department
- Good interest in working with children
- No criminal record
- Have no any charges of misconduct or dismissed from work
How to apply:
Applications should be done online...Click here to apply online