Merseta 2022 Bursary
Merseta is willing to assist candidates to obtain a good education and work opportunities once they have completed their studies. If you want to change your future and have a passion for learning then you should apply for a Merseta bursary.
Merseta Bursaries Available
Merseta wishes to demolish the skills shortage in all sectors in our country and wants to support the employment equity act.
The 5 sub-sectors are made up of about 44,000 companies that employ about 600 000 workers. These sub-sectors are as follow:
- The Plastic Industry
- The Metal and Engineering Industry
- The Tyre Manufacturing Industry
- The Auto Manufacturing Industry
- The Motor Retail and Component Manufacturing Industry
Merseta has a variety of bursary study programs in the following fields at different institutes f higher learning.
- Electrical BSc Engineering (light & heavy) Current & Electronic
- Chemical BSc Engineering
- Industrial BSc Engineering
- Mechanical BSc Engineering (with mechatronics)
- Metallurgy / Materials BSc Engineering
- Production Management BTech
The University of Technology
- Production Management (Semester Course)
- Metallurgy Engineering (Semester Course)
- Engineering Industrial (Semester Course)
- Engineering Chemical (Semester Course)
- Engineering Mechanical whit Mechatronics (Semester Course)
- Engineering Electrical with light & heavy current (Semester Course)
- These semester courses are all for National Diploma’s
- Engineering Chemical
- Technology Polymer
- Engineering Electrical with heavy and light current
- Engineering Chemical
- These courses are all Technology-based
Merseta Bursary Minimum Requirements
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have the points needed to qualify for the institute’s admission
- You must have a Grade 12 Certificate or an equal educational certificate or higher qualification.
Preference will also be given to the following:
- Previously Disadvantaged Citizens
- A student that can prove they are in financial need of assistance
Merseta will also consider candidates who are currently studying without a bursary and needs financial help to complete their studies if it is in one of their study fields mentioned above.
Merseta Bursary Application process
- You can have a look at their website under Grant Windows for Employed Students.
- You can get a bursary form from the bursary department if you are an individual.
- You can e-mail them at email@example.com for further assistance.
- Online application is not available but you can find more information on the Merseta Skills Development Page. Once you received your application you can complete it and along with the other required documents you can send it to Bursaries Department, P.O. Box 61826, Marshalltown, 2107.
Merseta Bursary Closing Date
The closing date for applications is the end of June(30 June 2021)
Visit their website www.merseta.org.za