NSFAS applications for 2021 currently open:
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has opened its Bursary applications Programme for the 2021 academic year.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a South African funding opportunity offered by the government through a student financial aid scheme which provides financial aid to poor undergraduate students to help pay for the cost of their tertiary education after finishing high school. It is funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training within the South African government.
Who can apply:
- South African citizen with a combined household income of R350k or less.
- Must be registered at this Institution and have not been approved for NSFAS funding in 2020
- Have not applied for NSFAS funding before
- Have a plan to study at a public university or TVET College in 2021 and require funding
Whats documents needed in order to apply for NSFAS:
- South African identity document/card
- ID of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
- A completed and signed consent form is currently not required for 2021 applications, this is due to the covid19 global pandemic.
- If you have a disability, please show proof of such, and be ready to submit the documentation.
Bursary application open on 3 August 2020
Bursary application closing on 30 November 2020
How to apply:
Apply online at HTTP://www.nsfas.org.za
You may Call the NSFAS Contact Centre on 08 000 67327
Please make sure to apply before the closing date as the late application will not be accepted.