Portfolio Administrator Level 1 (2 Positions)
Based in National Office (Pretoria) Ref: 21/07/02
Cluster: Infrastructure Delivery & Spatial Transformation & Sustainability
Remuneration package: A competitive salary package with benefits
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Handles all confidential information with the necessary sensitivity and responsibility;
- Basic Project administration ability;
- Innovative and team player;
- Results-driven individual;
- Strong analytical ability coupled with sound problem-solving skills;
- Reliable and accountable person
- Uses the functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform routine clerical and administrative duties within policy and procedural requirements;
- Under supervision, performs varied work and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility;
- Selects appropriate tools or technology for the task;
- Seeks training and development opportunities for development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Senior Certificate or equivalent (Studies towards administrative/ secretarial qualifications essential);
- A Valid Code 08 drivers’ licence;
- 2-3 years experience in administrative/ secretarial capacity;
- Ability to maintain high-level of accuracy and confidentiality is essential;
KEY PORTFOLIO AND PERFORMANCE FOCUS AREAS
- Secretarial Services: Office Management; Meeting Coordination; Diary Management; Travel and Accommodation Coordination; Event Coordination; Budget support; Workflow and correspondence management; Interdepartmental communication.
- Committee Secretariat Services: Meeting Coordination and scheduling; Allocate resources according to the complexity of meetings; Prepare agendas, minutes, meeting packs and notifications of meetings within a set timeframe; Meeting Resolution Tracking, follow-up and Compilation of progress updated on a database; Recording and maintenance of attendance of members and red flagging long-term absenteeism; Updating maintaining and safekeeping of Committee Files
- Support Manager: Strategic Support and Analytics to provide shared secretariat, administrative and support services to the cluster/ provincial office (including previous secretarial and committee support services and procurement administration) and strategic, operational, and system interface roles.
- Research and analysis: Within the research framework and criteria for municipal profiles perform desktop research in line with the research agenda and analyse captured information to build, update and maintain municipal profiles on monthly basis; Support the packaging and dissemination of research results and integrate with a central repository.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Support: To interact with core business functions to interpret and analyse performance progress information and compile draft reports.
- Programme/ Project Administration: Provide programme/ project administrative support across the entire lifecycle of the programme/ project; Within M&E and Project Management framework, analyse programme/ project progress obtained from functional areas to strengthen impact measures.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates must submit a curriculum vitae in an application for these positions to HR@salga.org.za
Closing Date: 21 July 2021
(Please quote the relevant reference number in the subject line)
NOTE: Communication will be limited to short-listed candidates only. SALGA reserves the right not to proceed with the appointment for any of the vacant positions. All appointments will be made in line with the SALGA’S Employment Equity Plan