Sasol Mining General Worker (Underground)
Requisition ID: 87261
Closing date: 31 August 2021
Operating entity: Sasol Mining
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga
This position will render a service toward the full calendar operation of the mine. (Fulco)
As General Workers, you will assist co-workers and artisans, use hand and power tools, as well as tidy and clean workshops, stores, and outside areas. You will be based underground.
- Maintaining safety and environmental standards
- Carrying out any reasonable applicable request by colleagues and leaders
- General housekeeping
- Identify unsafe conditions
- Reporting of deviations
- Ensure adherence to all rules and regulations
- Attendance of and participation in safety meetings and toolbox talks
Please note the following clauses:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
Qualifications & Experience
You must have a complete Grade 12 or N3 qualification.
Ability to obtain a Red Ticket of health in order to work underground
The previous underground experience will be to your benefit.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- SELF-MASTERY – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
If you are a good communicator, a team player with the ability to work independently too, self-motivated, flexible and proficient in English we would like to hear from you