SCM CLERK (PRODUCTION): ASSET (X6 POSTS)
SALARY: R173 703 – R204 612 per annum (Level 05)
CENTRE: Sarah Baartman Ref No: DOT 191/05/2021 (X2 Posts)
Amathole Ref No: DOT 192/05/2021 (X2 Posts)
OR Tambo Ref No: DOT 193/05/2021 (X2 Posts)
- A grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- No experience required.
- Basic knowledge of supply chain duties, practices as well as the ability to capture data, operate computers,s and collecting statistics.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service.
- Basic knowledge of work procedures in terms of the working environment.
- KPA’S: Problem-solving skills, Computer skills, Interpersonal relations, Communication skills (Verbal & written)
- Render asset management clerical support:
- Compile and maintain records (e.g. asset records/databases).
- Check and issue furniture, equipment, and accessories.
- Components and individuals.
- Identify redundant, non-serviceable, and obsolete equipment for disposal.
- Verify asset register.
- Render demand and acquisition clerical support:
- Update and maintain a supplier (including contractors) database.
- Register suppliers on Logis or a similar system.
- Request and receive quotations.
- Capture specification on the electronic purchasing system.
- Place orders. Issue and receive bid documents.
- Provide secretariat or logistical support during the bid consideration and contract conclusion process.
- Compile draft documents as required.
- Render logistical support services:
- Place orders for goods.
- Receive and verify goods from suppliers.
- Capture goods in registers databases.
- Receive requests for goods from end-users.
- Issue goods to end-users.
- Maintain goods register.
- Update and maintain the register of suppliers.
ENQUIRIES: can be directed to Mr M.L Ngcobo/Mrs. N. Nyamakazi Tel No: 043 604 7455/7458
APPLICATIONS: Applicants can apply online using www.ecprov.gov.za through the E-recruitment system. Please take note, NO hand delivered applications will be allowed due to COVID 19
CLOSING DATE: 21 June 2021
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on the New Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service department or on the internet at http://www.ectransport.gov.za/documents/Z83%20FORM .pdf which must be signed and should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualification(s) [Matric certificate must also be attached] and ID-document and Driver’s license [where applicable]. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of his/her Permanent Residence Permit to his/her application. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record check, citizenship verification, financial/asset record check, qualification/study verification, and previous employment verification). Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test. Successful candidates will be appointed on a probation period of twelve (12) months. The Department reserves the right not to make an appointment(s) to the advertised post(s). Persons with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply. For SMS posts all shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job. The selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic Managerial \competency assessment in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency-based assessment. The department welcomes applications from all racial groups. However, in making appointments preference for these posts will be given to the designated groups in pursuit of departmental EE targets. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In terms of the DPSA Directive for SMS appointments, applicants are required to produce or attach a pre-entry Certificate for entry into the SMS posts and the full details can be sourced by following the link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/smspre-entry-programme/. To obtain more information on requirements and functions: visit www.ecprov.gov.za or www.dpsa.gov.za or www.ectransport.gov.za