Sol Plaatje University, which was previously known as the University of the Northern Cape, is located in Kimberley, South Africa. The university has been formally established as a public university in terms of Section 20 of the Higher Education Act of 1997 in 2004. The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) gave a task to the University of the Witwatersrand to set up the New Universities Project Management Team to plan for the new university in Kimberley.
The institution has one campus in Kimberly.
- Computer and Information Science/Engineering: Diploma in Information Technology (Applications Development)
- Business, Economics and Management Sciences: National Diploma: Retail Business Management
- Education: B Ed (Further Education and Training – Maths, Technology & Science)
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences: Diploma in Nursing and Higher Certificate in Emergency Medical Care
- Social Sciences: Museology/Museum Studies and Heritage Studies (New qualification)
- Life Sciences & Physical Sciences BSc (Life and Physical Sciences)
- Business, Economics and Management Sciences: National Diploma Tourism Management
- Visual and performing arts: National Diploma in Fine Arts
- Engineering: BSc Software engineering
- Agriculture: National Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma in Law or Bachelor Law
Download prospectus here: SPU Prospectus
How to apply
Applications to study at Sol Plaatje University are now open and will close on 30 November 2021.
Prospective students can apply to study at the University by using our online application system. There is no application fee required to apply.
To apply online, students must have a valid email address and use a computer with internet connectivity.