Illovo Sugar Limited 2021 Bursary
Illovo Sugar Limited was initially founded in 1891 and is currently the biggest sugar producer in South Africa. The company is partly owned by British Foods Plc., which owns 51% of the companies issued share capital. The company currently employs over 12 000 permanent staff members and over 18 000 temporary staff members.
Illovo Sugar produces refined and raw sugar, from sugar cane acquired through their agricultural operations and independent growers, supplied to the factories.
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current and Light Current)
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
What the bursary covers:
- Registration fees
- Exam fees
- Prescribed textbooks
- Meals and
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying within one of the aforementioned undergraduate fields of study
- Entering 1st or 2nd year of study in 2021
- Studying at a University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- Have not been awarded another bursary or received NSFAS funding
- Good academic results
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- Preference will be given to students from communities surrounding Illovo SA operations
How to apply:
Applications must be done online here: https://bsp.fundi.co.za/
15 December 2020.